Keeping up with the Johnson's

It has been crazy hectic this week, so here's what's been going on...

1. We brought in the New Year at our house with some family and friends. There were a TON of activities; beer pong, washers, foosball, and darts. I, of course, stood around in the kitchen (downing a million and one jello shots...and I maybe dropped a glass on the floor). I met a few people that night for the first time, and I'm not too sure what they think of me, but let me apologize now...I'm a mother of twins, so if there is a chance to party...I'm taking it.

Drunk moms. Nothing better.

2. The inevitable has finally happened. The girls are wayyyyy to mobile now for me to keep up with them all day, so it's time to get some baby gates. If you've been to our house, I'm sure you've seen our ghetto sideways chair acting as a baby gate... the girls have figured out how to break down that barrier.

3. I've always wanted to have a bakery/sweet store. Lately, Derick's bank has been asking me to bake all sorts of things for them and I'm loving it. It totally makes me believe that I would LOVE my own store. Maybe a New Years resolution?

4. Sleep training the girls has been AWESOME. Seriously, I have no idea why we haven't tried it until now. They are going to bed around 8-9, sleeping through the night, and waking up around 9! My sanity has been saved! They are also down to 1 nap/day which is also working out fantastically.


5. Instead of having individual resolutions this year (since I can never finish mine), Derick and I are making a 2014 bucket list. It's kind of hard to think of things to do since we will also need to plan around the girls, but so far the list looks great! We have a couple of things to do with the girls, and a few others just for mom and dad.

2014 Bucket List
Go to the park
Go to the Zoo
Eat at Fogo de Chao
Go to a hockey game
See a show in Austin
Get a kiddie pool for the girls this summer

That's it so far.

I'm really looking forward to what 2014 has to offer, and I feel like it's already started out wonderfully. I hope it has for you too! :)

Comments

Popular Posts