Life Update

It's been close to 2 months since the last time I made a post. Not much has really changed in those 2 months. Just busy chasing around crazy toddlers, as always. I have logged on to make a post probably 100 times but I never really had anything to say. But now I've got something! Actually, a couple of somethings!

We had the girls first official speech therapy appointment! They aren't saying any new words really, but they understand almost everything. I swear me and Derick could have a conversation right in front of them and I bet they know exactly what we're saying! We are learning some sign language first because it's a good stepping stone for verbal language. We won't be relying on it and if they choose to say the word instead of sign it, then we won't have to sign it. They already know a couple signs in a matter of a week; milk, cookie, eat. Our speech therapist said they are very smart (which we already knew) and should pick everything up pretty fast.

The transition from crib to bed happened at the beginning of this month and it has not been a smooth transition by any means. I'm pretty sure we've tried everything and nothing is working 100%. Right now naps are kind of 50/50. For naptime and bedtime, I have been tucking them in and sitting at the end of their beds. I don't say anything; I just sit there until they fall asleep. The first few nights it only took 10 minutes to fall asleep, but now it's taking closer to an hour to fall asleep. And even then, they wake up 5 minutes after I leave and start crying and fall asleep on the floor by the door. If you have little ones and have some good tips or if I'm doing something wrong, please PLEASE, comment on my post. I'm slowly but surely losing my sanity over here.



On a positive note, I will be starting school again for the third (and probably last) time. I'm going to do the associates of business program so I can finish in 2 years instead of 4 and basically bypass all of the horrible required classes that I just can't seem to force myself to get through. Right now I'm feeling pretty good about being able to make it through this time, but I usually think that way every time I'm about to start school "for the last time". This time seems different though (how cliche...). Now the girls will be starting daycare full time and I have no reason not to go. Here's to hoping...

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
We will be taking our first "vacation" without the girls for 3 whole nights! I'm excited that me and Derick will have a little "us" time but I can't say that I'm not hating that I will be away from them for that long. We haven't been away from them for more than a few hours since they've been home from the NICU. I will miss them so much, but I know our moms will do a great job while we are away (and I promise I will only try and call you every hour or so...haha).


Comments

Popular Posts