LIFE UPDATE

So I know I shouldn't start with "Sorry I haven't posted in forever, but we're really busy", because I'm sure you already know that. But, busy-ness has just stepped up its game in our house.

First of all, I started a job just over a month ago. It's a title company, where I'm training to be a funder. I haven't worked in 3 years,so it's a bit of a culture shock. It's a "grown-up" job so that's definitely a first for me, and we are constantly busy. Any other place I've worked has never even been half as busy as we are in my office. It's good though and makes the days fly by. I'm struggling with the alarm clock in the morning though. I used to wake up when the girls did (around 9), but now I wake up at 6:15! Needless to say, caffeine and I are closer than ever.

Next, Derick got a new job! From what I understand, it's a company where they help people consolidate student loans. He also started free-lance writing for a Seattle Seahawks blog! If you haven't read his article yet, it's HERE! I couldn't be prouder of him and his accomplishments.

Third, the girls are conversationally speaking now. Speech therapy ended in June, and they were just keeping up with what they were learning. But as soon as it ended, their speech just EXPLODED. They speak in full and complete sentences and every time I hear it, it blows my mind. They count everything (sometimes it's 1...2...3...8), but most of the time they get it right. They also know all their colors and can sing a few songs: ABC's, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle, The Wheels on the Bus. It's adorable. LOVING THIS AGE (minus the tantrums).

We are taking a kid-less trip next weekend! Last year for Labor Day weekend we went to San Antonio, and we're doing it again this year! I'm really looking forward to some time alone, but I know I will miss the babes like crazy. No set-in-stone plans yet, we just know we will be there for 3 days.

Well I think that's about all for now! Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts